Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hotel Rwanda and Genocide...


Before watching the movie, I knew very little about the Rwandan genocide. I knew that it involved the Hutus and the Tutsis. What I gathered from the movie was that the genocide in Rwanda was more in the open. In the Holocaust the Nazis tried to hide what they were doing. The Hutus broadcasted it over the radio. The choice of weapon wasn’t exactly what I expected. Instead of using guns, they used machetes. And they called the Tutsis cockroaches. It seems that the Hutus were ruthless and careless, while the Nazis appeared to show some, although very little, mercy. This movie for some reason did not evoke the same emotions in me as the Holocaust; I wasn’t sad or angry. But I did recognize the feeling of being helpless, useless. In all, it was a good movie. I learned more than I expected and saw more than I expected.

2 comments:

Jack Marie said...

Natasha...
This was a very good post! Every word/sentence was amazing and powerful. I like how you said in the Holocaust the Nazis tried to hide what they were doing! Yes they did do that. But the Hutus weren't afraid of announcing what they wanted to be done or what they were doing!
Good Job Ta Ta! :D

Nikki W. said...

You did a really good job on your post. I like how you said "It seems that the Hutus were ruthless and careless, while the Nazis appeared to show some, although very little, mercy." I like how you put thought in this post. Good Job!